For more than 70 years Bermuda Gas has been the Island’s number one provider of propane and commercial propane appliances. This safe and reliable energy source offers a much more environmentally friendly alternative to traditional fossil fuel-based electricity.
Here are some interesting facts about propane and its benefits:
- Switching to propane can reduce your overall energy costs by as much as 20%.
- Propane water heaters work twice as fast as comparable electric heaters.
- Propane powered appliances are not affected by power outages, perfect for hurricane season!
- A propane dryer can dry your clothes in three quarters of the time it would take an electric dryer.
- Propane requires very high temperatures and concentrations of the gas in order to ignite. This makes it very difficult to set alight should it be accidentally dispersed into the air, making it safer in the event of a leak.
- Propane gas is non-toxic and is not harmful to soil or water.
- Propane is a by-product of natural gas and crude oil refining; making use of what would otherwise be discarded.
- Propane emits fewer greenhouse gases than other fuels like gasoline and diesel.
- A propane gas fireplace releases 40 times fewer emissions than a wood-burning fireplace.
- Unlike oil, propane is sourced from conflict-free countries.